It's important for you to invest some time implementing a strategy that can help you to drive traffic to your site. A few simple steps can get people to your website:
1. Web analytics. To set up a way to track website traffic and statistics is an important step to consider before you are start working on driving traffic to your site. We recommend using Google Analytics – it is free, easy to set up and easy to use.
Go to http://www.google.com/analytics and click on the “sign up now” button on the top right corner of the page.
2. Implement basic Search Engine Optimization concepts. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the process of getting your website recognized more frequently when people perform searches on sites such as Google, Yahoo or Bing. There are three easy ways you can increase your SEO rankings: keywords, inbound links and local search listings. You can read the following articles for additional info:
a) Write down all the keywords associated with your business.
b) Google Keyword Tool:
Enter in the keyword phrases you thought of when you were listing possible combinations. Once you know the best keywords to use on your site, place them in important places – like the title of your page, headlines, sub-headlines, post articles in your blog, etc.
Inbound links build your reputation and credibility among search engines. Links that come from legitimate sites are best. Set up links from all of your own domains: Your blog, Facebook page, Twitter account and any other social media outlets that you manage should all include links to your website. When you post entries on these outlets, include links to your site, as appropriate.
Local Search Listings
Local search listings are great to increase your search engine exposure. Please read our Local Search Marketing article for more information and a list of places where you can list your site.
3. Paid Advertising. Paid advertising is the next step once you have organic traffic coming to your site. You can try Google AdWords and/or Facebook Ads. They both can help to generate a constant flow of traffic to your website.
4. Social Media. Get your name out there and build your likability and expertise via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. If you’d like to consolidate your social media dashboard, consider using a service like Hootsuite – www.hootsuite.com.
5. Create a Blog. Blogs are easy to create and maintain. You can write post that are relevant to your target market. Blogging is a great way to help you drive traffic to your site.
6. Article Marketing. You can put your content into article form (usually between 300-600 words) and distribute it to free article hosting sites. Create articles that inform, educate, entertain…and then send them to your site to learn more.
Some popular article sites are:
7. Video Marketing. Video marketing is simply publishing your message online through videos. Videos could be about a product demo, a promotional campaign or anything that highlights your company or products. A few simple videos can dramatically increase your exposure on the Internet and help drive more traffic to your website. Please read Video Marketing Ideas to Promote your Business for additional information:
Check out my profile on Google+: