Hello and welcome to Episode 30 of The Stevie G. Success Show: The #1 Personal Achievement Podcast, where we bring you guest interviews designed to help you live more, play more, and rock the world. On today’s show I get to interview a Social Entrepreneur whose love for the individual and small business owner led him to create a new and unique Chamber of Commerce which serves exclusively small businesses. His name is Tayde Aburto, and his company is the Hispanic Chamber of E-Commerce, and you will learn more about that in a few minutes.
Jeff Bezos' parents were the original funders of Amazon.com. They invested $300,000 in the company, a reasonable large fraction of their life savings. Jeff's Dad first question was: What's the Internet? So Jeff's parents were not betting on the concept or the idea, they were betting on their son. Jeff told his parents that there was a 70% chance that they will loose their money - He was being very optimistic!...Get the message? Don't need to say more.
Whatever it is that you want to do, there is going to be risk in your life. Risk is a necessary component of progress!
Before you take any risk in life, make sure that you are focused on something that you are passionate about.
Cheers to your success,
By Tayde Aburto / in Blog / December 10, 2014
2014 has been full of blessings! My business partners and I are very thankful for the latest award that we received from the National Latina Business Women Association San Diego Chapter. Recognitions that come from the community motivate us to keep working hard.
None of this would be possible without the support of the members, sponsors and strategic partners of the Hispanic Chamber of E-Commerce.
2015 is going to be a very busy years for me and the Hispanic Chamber of E-Commerce. We're truly excited for what's coming ahead. We're on a mission to get 100,000 Hispanic-owned businesses online and we are going to keep working hard to reach that goal.
Thank you Remy Mimms and Claudia Portillo for believing in me and the Hispanic Chamber of E-Commerce. Look forward to keep working with you.
Thank you to the National Latina Business Women Association San Diego Chapter for giving me the opportunity to share my Internet Marketing knowledge with a group of Latinas Entrepreneurs. Their energy and willingness to take their businesses to the next level helped to have 6 intense classes. Congratulations to Isabel Berdeja, Judy Bonilla, Adelia Carrillo, Karla Chavez, Biby Moreno, Diminique Navarro, Leah Noble, Liz Quandt, Norma Rodriguez and Elizabeth Stephens. Look forward to seeing your businesses grow!
Thank you to Remy Mimms and the Board of Directors for your support and for making everything happen.
I had the opportunity to attend the USHCC Chamber Training Institute session in Las Vegas on November 17 & 18. It was a very valuable session. Chamber leaders had the opportunity to learn about "The ROI of Membership". Some of the things we learned were:
1. How to conduct Ed Rigsbee’s Member Value Process to determine the current and actual, yearly sustainable real-dollar value from membership and participation. This process is the cornerstone for all member recruitment and retention campaigns.
2. How to identify and challenge chamber activities that consume resources and deliver little ROI to members, and how to deliver member ROI versus vague value propositions.
3. How to put more ROI, real and perceived, in your current activities and member benefits.
4. How to develop an actual member ROI and member-benefit driven recruitment brochure.
5. How to plan, develop and implement a grassroots member recruitment campaign.
6. Develop staff driven member recruitment verses member-driven recruitment (and mentor assignment).
7. How to sell the above ideas to your volunteer board of directors and turn them into member
8. How to shift your chamber into a high-value, high-ROI delivery conduit yielding high-level member satisfaction and retention.
Plus we all have the opportunity to build new contacts and strengthen our network. Thank you USHCC and Wells Fargo for the Chamber Training Institute and all the valuable sessions that you put together for Hispanic Chamber of Commerce leaders from all over the country.
By Tayde Aburto / in Blog / November 13, 2014
The Hispanic Chamber of E-Commerce has launched its "Emprende Initiative" with the announcement of "Emprende San Diego". The Emprende Initiative has two goals:
1. To provide business resources and services in Spanish to Entrepreneurs that are considering to start a business. Entrepreneurs that prefer to receive support in Spanish.
2. To connect with investors in Latin America that are interested in opening a business in the United States, invest in StartUps or invest in residential and commercial real estate.
The Hispanic Chamber of E-Commerce has put together a team of specialist that are going to provide immigration, accounting, marketing, business consulting, etc. services to all those that decide to start a business with the support of the HISCEC and via the Emprende Initiative.
By Tayde Aburto / in Blog / November 1, 2014
The 2014 Iluminada event organized by the San Diego County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce was the event where I got recognized with the "Hispanic Business Visionary" award. The Iluminada event has been organized by the San Diego County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce for a few years in a row.
Iluminada is a highly anticipated regional tradition attended by hundreds of community leaders. The San Diego County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (SDCHCC) was founded as a not-for-profit legal entity in 1989.
Iluminada is an annual event. Join the San Diego County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce at its next Iluminada. Watch a summary of the 2014 Iluminada:
By Tayde Aburto / in Blog / October 12, 2014
On October 9, 2014 the Hispanic Chamber of E-Commerce announced the first chapter of the organization in North County San Diego. The North County Hispanic Chamber of E-Commerce chapter is going to be lead by Maria Burns and Salvador Sanchez. Two business owners with a strong willingness to help Hispanic-owned businesses located in North County San Diego to understand how they can start using the Internet as a business tool, to help them to become more competitive and to motivate them to work together to accomplish greater goals.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the North County Hispanic Chamber of E-Commerce chapter please contact Maria Burns (971) 678-2440 or Salvador Sanchez at (760) 547-3676